Wednesday 28 March 2012

Final Evaluation Question 6

I have used many media's and products to create my magazine, here I give examples and explain why I used them and how the helped me achieve my finished product.


The Internet has helped me carry out all the reasearch that I needed to do before I begun designing my product. This allowed me to understand existing products and figure out how to construct a magazine that looks proffesional and realistic. I used search engines like google to find the examples of magazines that I could work from. I also used sites like http://www.dafont.com/ to look for appropiate fonts and typeface, I then used these fonts I have chosen in my final product.

Photoshop has been used by me thoughroughly during this project. I am not that familiar with the program, this is apparent in my preliminary magazine. But during the project I have developed and learnt skills on Photoshop and that I belive has allowed me to produce a proffesional magazine. It allowed me to construct the magazine, for example importing images and cutting them out, using the magic wand tool, text colour and spacing, plus it allowed me to build up the layout of my magazine in a way that made it seem proffesional.



Microsoft Word has helped me write my double page spread article. This is a much more appropiate program to write a long worded article on, compared to Microsoft Publisher or doing the text on the actual Photoshop file. It helped me spell check my work and also checks for gramatical mistakes.







This is the digital camera I used to take the photos


 on my FINAL magazine. It is a Panasonic Lumix
TZ10. This magazine is a 12.1 megapixel with intelligent resolution technology 16x Intelligent zoom. This allowed me to compose to high quality shots that allowed my magazine to look more appealing and proffesional. If a comparison is made between my preliminary piece and my draft, to my final piece, the quality difference is very clear, especially evident due to the better lighting I used for my final piece, but also due to the higher quality camera.







  

This is the logo for the web program Scribd. It allowed me to upload all of my research and planning tasks, from looking and evaluating multiple magazines to research on different font types. It is a very easy and fast program, after making an account I can use this whenever I want to upload word documents or publisher files onto my blog.


I used the website Animoto, this allows you to create videos that you can upload images and text to, with the added feature of adding your own music in the background. I used this for my pitch as I found it an engaging and effective method, compared to a Power Point for example. It allows the presentation to flow without the user having to click or press any other buttons. I also used this to answer my previous Evaluation Question 3. I found this useful in that task as it was an effective method to choose, as the use of images allowed me to cut down on text which makes it boring for a reader and less interesting.
                                                                                   


I also used another website that allowed me to make a presentation that moves in very intersting way that engage the reader. Prezi works in a way similar to Microsoft PowerPoint but it is far more intersting and engaging. Instead of moving through slides it moves along the page through a path the user can create, whilst allowing you to add text, images and even videos. You can find me using this in Evaluation Question 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment