Wednesday 28 March 2012

Final Evaluation Question 2


The artist I have compared and related my model to is Hayley Williams, she is the lead singer from the rock band Paramore. Her bright red and orange hair is a main feautre of her band and is usually played on in their magazine shoots and photoshoots. For example they will focus on the brightness of her hair and make the props red or the writing red etc. This brings out her hair. The hair she has is a unique aspect of the band because not many bands have women singers for one, let alone with brightly coloured hair. I think she is similar to my model in this way and I tried to replicate this method used by many other magazines on the market by replicating the hair colour and adding it as the main feature in my colour scheme.


I also believe they are different in some ways, as Hayley Williams seems a bit more confident with herself and is comforatable at doing the more outrageous poses in her magazine shoots. Whereas my model clearly is not as confident, just a bit shy in what she is doing, eventhough her poses still make her look good and like a confident singer. This is why I didnt want a pose that was too intense and out there, just more of a suttle one, because the personality I tried to create was that of a shy vocalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment