Tuesday 13 March 2012

Evaluation Question 5

5) Firstly I wanted to get straight in the audiences face with my masthead; this is why I made it big, bold and black. So it stands out against the lighter background, the font is meant to also attract my audience, with its unique 'messiness' it will stand out from the rest of the boring fonts that are on the market today. The pose of my model also attracts my specific audience, as they see the image on the double page and will find it appealing as he is leaning at the camera shouting at the camera, so the rock and roll aspect of it will come through and therefore attract those certain fans. I also chose to involve the reader when I can, for example in the contents page I said 'Your 101 albums of 2011'. Using ‘your’ allows them to feel involved and feel that they had a part in the creation of this section of my magazine which will encourage them to read it. The ‘Competition’ section of my contents page also appeals to my readers. As they can win a free visit to the ‘Garage Sessions’, this is where they will see live performances of artists they like (similar to Radio 1’s Live Lounge.) When creating my magazine I based the audiences taste on my own music taste, this is why I used bands that I listen to today. This is an assumption I made when creating my product. I also assumed that they like the specific rock genre, as there would be no point in putting all that style contents in to my magazine when my audience don’t like it. I have also assumed that my audience will be willing to take the magazine's quiz to win a competition. This was a risky move as I do not know if my readers will have the time for this activity or that they simple aren’t bothered about the prize. I have also assumed that they will take a liking to the new, young, fresh bands I am trying to cover in my magazine. I believe this assumption is necessary because my audience are teen/adults so they will be interested in the younger up and coming bands rather than older bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment