Tuesday 28 February 2012

Feed Back From Teacher

Feed Back Sheet

I am pleased with the feedback recieved, but i know that i can improve massively. Firstly, starting with the Front cover. I will definately alter the size and style of my mast head, as the font doesnt have enough impact as i would of liked, it needs to stand out more. The main focus of my  front cover improvements are making my cover lines much smaller, varying the texts, and overall having more cover lines. I want to coose individual fonts for each band name. Plus the banner will be made smaller with more text improving the look of it. I am going to experiment with colours more, as I have uysed black text on a light blue background so I will try and find new ways to make the text stand out.

For my contents I need to experiment and alter the layout of my page, as at the minute it is not an effective layout, i will need to take more inspiration from other magazines that are published to a high standard. This will help me shadow an effective page layout. I am going to make the main photo smaller, and hopefully add in other small photo's to improve the layout and look of the contents.

My double page spread was effective but i found that I can make it much better with the use of a better positioned and better quality photograph. I am going to take a long shot and make it fill out both sides of the double page spread, this will stop me sectioning off the two sides which will make the page flow better. I will have to have a relatively plain background however, as I want the text to stand out so it can be read easily.

1 comment:

  1. In addition you could do the following to improve your work:

    You have used black text on a light blue background. By changing either this colour for your masthead or text will make either one stand out. I suggest experimenting with colours to lift the desired sections of your magazine.

    As recommended to other students, research and apply creative layouts. A well constructed layout is always pleasing to the eye.
    You can see our blog for examples of layout and view the below link.

    http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/09/03/40-creative-design-layouts-getting-out-of-the-box/

    ReplyDelete