Friday 10 February 2012

Draft Magazine



These are my draft copies of my 3 elements for my magazine. I am pleased with the way they turned out, but there is a lot of room for improvement and i am confident I can gain a better quality when i improve these designs. Firstly my front cover, I wanted to connotate my genre with a not-so-serious pose, the one I used here mimicks this as he seems to be pulling a serious face. But, as my target audience is specific they will know the image is being sarcastic, as people related to the rock/altrernative genre are not that serious. I like the way the colours all match each other, as he has blue and red on his shirt I thought it would be appropiate to follow these colours up and use them in the rest of my magazine.
My contents page turned out really well i thought, i decided to use a different character with a different setting to give it a bit of variety. I like the layout for this contents, however i would like to incorporate more articles and sections allowing the text to be smaller so it looks a bit more busy and proffesional.
My double page spread turned out really well, i like the slanted divider, I chose this because it goes against the standard 50/50 design a lot of magazines use. This will help it stand out, i also like the messy font. This connotates the casual aspect of my magazing and genre. If I were to re-do it I would try and figure out a way to improve the layout of the text, making the overall page flow better.

No comments:

Post a Comment