Thursday 26 January 2012

Pitch Evaluation

I presented my pitch to my class and I believe it went really well, my class gave me some feedback and I shall reflect on that now. I was encouraged to make my genre very specific to the casual, garage rock I am doing for my magazine. This means i will need photographs of 'rockstars' lying around effortlessely, not really focusing on the reader. I was encouraged to make the clothing fir this style, with potentially ripped jeans, long hair and baggy t shirts or jumpers. More feedback from my class came around a question about Typography. I have learnt from my classes feedback that my fonts must be very messy and unorganised, but also stand out to a degree that it will catch the eye of a reader. This will fit in with the garage-style I am looking to achieve. My next mark of feedback was through the colour palette, my original idea i displayed to the class was BLACK WHITE PURPLE. But after some thoughts from my pitch I have been experimenting with different colours that will give my magazine a more unique feel. Such as adding in light browns to displaty the laid back attitude of my magaazine. This could also be complemented well by potentially bright colours like blue's or green's. This would make it contrast and stand out. The final bit of feedback was to do with my double page spread. I have been encouraged to put a picture of a whole band, maybe 3 or 4 people lying around in a very casual garage or just a messy room. With objects lying around, these props can be cans, magazines, musical instruments (guitars, microphones, drumsticks, or the drum kit itself.) However i must keep this messy image away from any text to avoid confusion, as text can be quite difficult to read when it is accompanied by a background that is full of a lot of objects. My name 'Garage' may also have to be reviewed as it may not be specific enough, I also want to experiment more because I want it to stand out, names that are creative will be a much better idea for a magazine of the style I am going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment